الجمعة، يوليو ٢٨، ٢٠٠٦

Wedding amidst the terror

Having a war take place in a country you love and have many ties to affects you much deeper than I ever could have imagined. It has been a very hard time for my family and I as we try and see God’s sovereignty amidst the terror.

Please continue to pray for Lebanon and the many Lebanese and Israeli civilians who have lost not only family/friends but their homes and the country they loved. I have been in touch with a Lebanese friend who is a tour guide in Lebanon (she has evacuated to Jordan); her words show the hopelessness and terror that civilians are feelings. If any of you are interested in sending money to help with the relief send me an email. My parents’ organization is working with some friends on the ground in Lebanon to help with food, blankets and medicine. The humanitarian crisis is mounting with every passing day.

I was about to have a break down, I couldn't handle the sound of the bombs falling next to my building. For a week, I couldn't eat and sleep, because I didn't want to believe that war came back again, killing my people, destroying my country that I believed so much in. My anger is big. I have no more tears left, I feel like I want to make a big revolution to show the world what mankind can do, how cruel can we be, how much hate we have, it's like love had never been born, it's like Jesus had never came to earth....it's like God had never existed....Today I'm sad, today I'm crying, today I'm apart....What is happening to our prayers for peace?? Is God hearing our prayers? My family is apart, I lost my country....”

I thought you would like to read a BBC story featuring friends of ours that just got married in Lebanon. The wedding was planned for August 4th, but happened two days ago. Tarek (the groom) and his family have been long time friends of my family. We lived a couple blocks away from Tarek’s family in Egypt. I even was able to meet Shireen (bride) when I was there for Christmas. The whole family has evacuated to Australia. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5213426.stm

Praying for the Middle East,
Emily and Brad

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather Joy said...

Emily, Thank you for sharing the lives of the people you know with us. I've been engaging the conflict in all kinds of intellectual ways - reading papers and analysis and such and I've been upset... but now I'm sitting on the floor of my livingroom crying because there's a mile of difference between a news article and a story. Now I can be emotionally engaged too.

١١:٠٦ م  

إرسال تعليق

<< Home