الخميس، يوليو ١٣، ٢٠٠٦

post II

Sheesh, so many questions, I'll just post a new one.

First, my email address is my first initial denboer at gmail dot com.

Yes, I think I will like being married--although it's still over a year away (which I'm thankful for--it will take me a while to get used to the idea.) And Scott is definitely "good enough" for me. In many ways he's the male version of myself. His last name is Vande Kraats--yes, I know, a dutch name even longer and stranger than my own. We'll live in B.C., most likely. I currently have a one year contract at the school I'll be teaching at in Abbotsford, so we'll probably find an apartment based on whether or not I get a continuing contract/get a job at a different school. Scott hopes to go to school part time and work this year, and then go full time after we're married. He wants to be either an elementary teacher or a music therapist--probably the later.

Chels: serious like a disease. (A joke I've had with myself for a while--my mom always asks how serious couples are--as if they have a disease.)

Claire, I thought you would like to know that "So You Think You Can Dance" just came on, and they danced the opening song to "Footloose."

A proposal story? It's not incredibly exciting, but pretty typical of us. We've been talking about getting engaged for a couple months. Scott would always have "urges" where he would sort of laugh to himself, and then I'd have to get him to tell me that he just almost asked me to marry him. I told him that I wasn't ready at that point, and somehow July first became the date when we would get engaged. So on my birthday we went for a walk and sat on a bench by the Red River, (the other river in the world that flows north, like the Nile.), and Scott deliberated for half an hour. I finally coaxed it out of him, and we agreed that we needed a few days to let the whole thing sink in. So we did, and now he's pretty excited about being engaged.

And I'm not too worried about the wedding, Chris. It'll all get planned--we have a year after all. And Scott's a planner, so it'll all be good. We made a guest list already.