الأربعاء، يوليو ١٢، ٢٠٠٦

three things:

On July first:
1) I turned 23, which I celebrated by:
2) going to the best concert ever where Jeff Tweedy, the lead singer of Wilco, rocked out with a broken foot, AND . . . . .
3) getting engaged!!!!!

Yes, that's right, after only five months of dating, Scott and I are engaged. You're all invited. I'm super excited. It's all a bit strange and wirlwindesque: at this time last year I did not even imagine that I would be even thinking about planning a wedding. It will be next July--probably the 21st in Sioux Center, Iowa. (I actually just wanted a reason to have another MESP reunion--that's what this is about, in all honesty.)

In addition to that, I'm doing well. Working at Booster Juice, riding public transit all over the city, and thinking about how stressed I'm going to be in a couple months. But it will be GOOD stressed. Stressed because I'm doing something I love and want to do it really well kind of stressed. ahhh.

I love you all.

7 Comments:

Blogger Dunkleburger said...

hokey petes! congrats!!! i'm excited. i like you both...say hi to scott for me.

٥:٥١ ص  
Blogger Brad & Emily said...

Mabrook! Something is in the air I tell you. A girl from first semester emailed me and said she got engaged as well.
I am so excited for you, what a wonderfully fun time of life. Do you know where you will live once you get married?

٨:١٦ م  
Blogger Heather Joy said...

Mabrouk Margaret! Lots of good wishes for all that crazy stress - it's worth it in the end but it doesn't always look like it from the middle. I'm really happy for you guys and I hope I get to meet the lucky man.

٨:٤٥ م  
Blogger Chels said...

أزال أحد مشرفي المدونة هذا التعليق.

٢:٢١ ص  
Blogger Chels said...

It is super weird that you mention this today.... I was literally thinking of you yesterday, wondering how serious your relationship with Scott was getting. Seriously!

In any case....congrats, Margaret!! What joyful news!! I know that whomever you have chosen as a mate must be a wonderful man, and I too look forward to meeting him at some point. Not to be sappy, but....okay, I'll be sappy. Is there an proposal story that you want to tell us? C'mon, we know there is!!

To answer you Chris---I have tentative plans to get married in July 2008. Like Margaret said...simply to keep this summer wedding reunion tradition going.

Oh, and I am blatently lying about that.

but I am not lying when I say---MABROOK MARGARET AND SCOTT!! blessings abundant to you today and heretoforth.

P.S. hey what is his last name?

٢:٢٤ ص  
Blogger Lindsay said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I know its been said before.. but I figured another wouldn't hurt! congrats. and I'm with Chels, we need the sappy stuff, like an engagement story, and his last name would be good too. :)

١٢:٤٢ ص  
Blogger Margaret said...

ahem, if you'll read "Post II," you'll find an engagement story and Scott's last name. There is no sappyness. I'm not sappy. Okay, fine, I'll be nice, his last name is Vande Kraats. He's talking about taking my last name. We'll see.

١٢:٥٨ ص  

إرسال تعليق

<< Home