الأربعاء، نوفمبر ١٦، ٢٠٠٥

well paint the barn red and shove a crowbar up mah nose....Claire lives

Gosh, this is what I get for not checking in for awhile, but these are comments I would have made to people but now fear that you might not go back and check the comments. I'm not excluding anyone, just replying to things from the most recent posts:

Em: First and foremost, glad your family is fine. All the best to them, especially your sweet sister, I hope she continues to adjust well and isn't too affected right now. I've been holding out on Facebook, but I am about to cave. The fact that you and Barrett are on might be the final straw that makes me do it. I couldn't believe your story about the lady at GF. Oh wait, yes I could. So glad to be in the UK right now, where white Anglo Brits are used to having Lebonese, Syrian, and other Mid Eastern neighbors. However;

Josiah: I do NOT dislike America more than you. :o)

Claire: is alive! I mean I knew that already, but in blog land! HolyToledo, good to hear from you, girl. Hey, I smoked apple sheesh with Luke last week. Obviously your emotional reaction to the picture of us was due to the high density of coolness packed into a relatively small area. Either that or...c'mon my hair didn't look that bad did it?

MMG: thanks for your comment, hon! I'd love to meet your Taylor pal in London this spring. Any friend of yours.....well, is probably freaking cool if they are smart enough to be friends with you.

Jenna: things have been fairly quiet in regards to France here. Which maybe is more indicative of how much time I spend researching in the library more than it is of the real situation. Anyway, all I know is what I've read/watched on BBC. None of the Brits I talk with have been conversing about it. Hey I wanna here more about your sem. What do you mean you want to be on travel component? You're hobnobbing with the rich and famous in Ottowa so that you can make connections, take over the world, and institute a system where "rich" and "famous" are abolished in the name of equal distribution of wealth. (sorry I just wrote 9 straight hours an essay on Marx)

Dena: yah, don't join Facebook yet. Let's both hold out til we graduate, or you know what will happen. You'd be proud of me, I've been really good this year. I kind of have to. Plus I abolished that damn paperclip, so no more spontaneous erasers of already existing papers.

the Dordt 3: Hey I met this girl named Ann who knows all of you. She is going to Eastern Europe with [Claire's] Luke and my housemate and longtime friend Miriam. Aghh!! Crazy small world of CCCU. Andrew, she laughed at the pic of you and Cecka staring into the sky, group photo.

and Cecka: Oh my freaking goodness. Are you serious about visiting? Girl, I miss you like I miss the pub on a Friday night when I have to be in the library because I am a visiting student and have limited hours to access it. Wow, that was a crap simile. Also it gives the incorrect impression that I may have more of an affinity for consumption of alcoholic drinks than I actually do. But that is so completely not the point. the point is, I loved your card, I love you, and you should come visit.
When are you thinking of coming? Any time is good, excpet for the part in the spring when I am going to the States for a wedding, mid-March.
e-mail me. If you come during term, I'll take you around Oxford. If you come during the end of my spring break we could go somewhere cool....how about the Czech Republic dude?!?! ha. only if we see Chelesa, England after.

You all rock tons, and gosh what I wouldn't give to watch Mme Butterfly in Italian with Arabic subtitled with you all again.

Errrrr, okay. or maybe just conversation and a cup of apple tea in Turkey would do.


love and love and love at 2:22am my time,
Chels

6 Comments:

Blogger Dena said...

أزال أحد مشرفي المدونة هذا التعليق.

٤:٣٤ ص  
Blogger Dena said...

Oh Selshea, I almost forgot about that dang paperclip - I think it must have been the memory of my drawing that abolished it:) Crazy that you met Ann - I was just talking about her with her younger sisters today in French class (there are 2 of them here). Good to hear from you!!!!

٤:٣٤ ص  
Blogger Margaret said...

Are we talking about the Ann I'm thinking about?

٥:١٩ ص  
Blogger Dunkleburger said...

Ann Andre? wow, what a crazy world...i miss Ann

٧:١٧ ص  
Blogger Marcia M. Ghali said...

CHELS!!
Great post-laughing to myself like a crazy woman here in Indiana.

The double negative in the comment to Josiah confused me.

Yeah facebook. I'm on it too. Sign up and sign your life away.

love you and goodbye.

٥:٥٣ م  
Blogger Margaret said...

first ya gotta tell us what it is! :)

٧:٠٢ ص  

إرسال تعليق

<< Home