الاثنين، نوفمبر ٢٨، ٢٠٠٥

Prank #47

Hello all, I'd just thought I'd post one for kicks and for procrastination. here here! Question to ponder: what does the term good procrastination mean?
Anyway, I occasionally play pranks on friends and... well unsuspecting people who are aquaintenances... okay and just random people.
For one of my psychology classes, research methods, we went into a store and got a few items costing around $10. Then we proceeded to pay with change. as many nickels and dimes as we could muster. Well we did one store and then decided that one store wasn't good enough, and we didn't get very many reactions. We then went to another grocery store and decided to buy a pregnancy test and chocolate bar.. and pay with change at the end of the month. much said, cashiers are really great about eliciting no reactions except slight impatience when one person is counting out change for 15 minutes. Moms in line are grabbing stress balls and squeezing them and men in line gaze at Cosmopolitan and Red Book, wishing they could pick one up to discover the hot sex secrets.
So thats how I ended up with this pregnancy test. I live in a house with 5 girls, 2 of which have boyfriends and one is imprisoned.. I mean engaged. I nonchalantly set my pregnancy test box out on my bathroom counter which is downstairs and all the rest of the girls use the upstairs bathoom. But we all study downstairs, so they use it. I wanted to see how long it would take my house full of girls to say anything. After the second day, my pregnancy test had been moved to a drawer.. and then then third day, one of the girls asked me, but it was definitely one of those awkard moments for her... trying to ask me why I had a pregnancy test in the first place without trying to sound too judgemental. I was laughing hysterically inside. to make matters better, one of the girls in my house who had seen the pregnancy test was helping Nick, my boyfriend, coach the high school girls varisty soccer team. After he had been let in on my little prank he brought the subject up at practice saying in a serious voice, "so, did you see Lindsay's pregnancy test?" ha! oh the drama. good fun, but definite social awkwardness in dealing with "immoral Christian topics."
But the real prank begins because once my house found out, one of my housemates and I decided that it might be more of a prank to place the unboxed pregnancy test in the bathroom of an on-campus girls house.. Weesner house. there are 13 girls in this house and many with boyfriends. So, with my psych major friend who lives in Weesner house, we ran into one of her friends who just so happened to be married and a few months pregnant. We convinced her to take the test for us so it would render positive. That evening we placed the test in the bathroom trash, slightly concealed, yet still very noticeable. My Weesner house mole and I were conveniently doing a project in her room when we heard, "you guys, guess what I found in the bathroom!!" haha! There were multiple gasps and whispers.. not sure what else was said because we were around the corner. That was before the thanksgiving break. The house RA called a house meeting about something so we'll see if anything turns up.
Oh the fun you can have with a pregnancy test.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

p.s. I applied for this month long mission trip through my school. After an application and interview and all those emotions from "I don't really care if I go," to "dang, I really want to go" .....
I'M GOING TO ROMANIA FOR THE MONTH OF MAY!!!

٧:٠٧ ص  
Blogger Dunkleburger said...

all i can say is nice work on the prank(s)...if only i could use a pregnancy test with a room full guys...hmm....

١١:٤٠ م  
Blogger Dunkleburger said...

for a prank i mean

١١:٤٠ م  
Blogger Brad & Emily said...

Mabrook on going to Romania!!! That will be very fun for you.

Your blog made me laugh so much....pregnancy tests. IF you want another person to prank with a pregnancy test you should do it to my husband, he would give you a good reaction :-)

١٢:٣٨ ص  
Blogger andrew j. ulasich said...

That's a damn good prank. Props.

And Romania will be fantastic. That's very exciting.

٥:٥٥ ص  

إرسال تعليق

<< Home