السبت، نوفمبر ٢٦، ٢٠٠٥

ah ha!

I think I may have a little bit of the road-raging city driver in me still. This morning I was stopped at a stop sign and just beginning to accelerate to turn right, when an elderly lady turned left, almost crashing into me because she took up so much of my lane. I gave her a very satisfying honk--something that is a little bit of a faux pas here in little Sioux Center. But seriously, she could have caused an accident, and she should know that she annoyed me royally. So I honked and felt justified.

Thanksgiving is over, and I'm doing my best to motivate myself to get ready for the coming week. I have this desire in me to just live for a while. To be totally free from all obligations, to have time to read what I want, think about what I want, or to have the freedom to decide to take off for a weekend to some unknown destination. I'm staring the reality that I need to be seriously working on becoming a responsible adult in the face, and I'm not liking it very much. I love what I do--all I've ever wanted since before I can remember is to be a teacher, but seriously, I'm not that responsible. My flatmates from last semester know this--I'm about as laid back and unworried about deadlines as you could possibly be. But I have this fear that soon I'll be a gray-haired, wrinkly, old person at thirty (I found a gray hair last weekend)--all from the stress of trying to be a so called, responsible adult. Sigh. I don't wanna grow up!

My student teaching is going okay. I'm not having as much fun as I did the first half in B.C. That has mostly to do with my supervising teacher. My supervising teacher here is very critical--I feel like I can't do anything right for her. She writes me notes while I teach, telling me everything that went wrong. It's hard for me to handle that--I'm already fairly self-critical, and then it's hard to have her voice in my head as well as my own telling me that I'm not doing a good job. But I have only three weeks left, and then who knows. I've decided to take next semester off, in a way--time to live and be a free-spirit. I'm going to stay living at home, hopefully find some subbing jobs, maybe get a part-time job waitressing or something equally mindless, and just adjust to being grown up. Then in the fall I hope to move back to B.C. So there's my short term leading to long term plan. And oh my goodness, I'm looking forward to New Year's!

Here's a cool thing you should all check out. Go to www.pandora.com. Sweetness.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marcia M. Ghali said...

hey babe---hang in there, we definitely want to hear more at New Years. We just said to each other how glad we are that you're coming.

C & M

٤:١٨ ص  
Blogger Margaret said...

Thanks habibi(s). I'm glad that you'll be there too. I'm excited to stay up until 5 in the morning talking again. yes!

٥:٢٨ ص  

إرسال تعليق

<< Home