الثلاثاء، نوفمبر ٢٩، ٢٠٠٥

IDEAS

My brothers and sisters,

Marcia and I and insha allah a future MESPer are doing a presentation on Egypt one week from today. Previous country reports have been rather boring as they have been mostly power point and lecture. We don't want to be boring. We need fun, creative, interactive ways to teach our class about Egypt. Our presentation is 50 minutes long and will include history, religion, demographics/geography, politics, intellectual heritage, communication, general culture, and more. So do a little brainstorming and get back to Marcia and I with all of your fantastic ideas.

I love you all.

Peace, my friends.

6 Comments:

Blogger Marcia M. Ghali said...

That's so illegal at Taylor, but for a cultural experience...

٤:٤٨ م  
Blogger Margaret said...

Get a recording of the call to prayer and have them do the praying toward Mecca thing. Or is that illegal too? Maybe they can contextualize it by praying to our God. (am I being too sarcastic?) But there should definitely be food involved.

٤:٣٨ ص  
Blogger Dunkleburger said...

food is good...i would also at least bring the sheesha pipe

٥:٣٨ ص  
Blogger andrew j. ulasich said...

Yes we've got plans for bileela. We might have the call to prayer playing - or maybe I'll call everyone to prayer (I'll be wearing my kifaya and the galibaya of Marcia's grandpa). Unfortunately our sheeshas are out of state. And yes, that's so illegal. What else do y'all have for us.

٥:٣٩ ص  
Blogger Lindsay said...

When you talk about communication, you should speak solely in arabic. This will communicate the utter chaos that drives Egypt. I think that would make a great segway into Egyptian politics as well.

٨:١٨ ص  
Blogger Margaret said...

I think the best way to share about Egypt is probably to tell stories. It's just words until you bring them there--get them to experience Egypt with you. That's why we went anyway, isn't it? Pictures are good too.

٦:٠٤ ص  

إرسال تعليق

<< Home