الخميس، يوليو ٢٨، ٢٠٠٥

Rigor, Mortis

Rigor, Mortis!! My mom laughed hysterically as she pointed out that my uncle should have named his son Mortis so all of his son's medical and scholastic forms would display rigor, mortis. Its strange how one small episode can epitomize a whole weekend. This was the story of the Rigor family reunion (my mom's side of the family.) The end.
Just kidding.
We rented 3 beach houses on the Oregon coast, in Lincoln City, if anyone cares to look it up. My family, a cousin, and Nick (yes, the boyfriend came along, not missing a beat in the numerous questions of when we are getting married. My favorite was, "You know you've got some good marriage material in a guy who can throw a bocci ball like that." thanks cousin mark). It was rather strange though because the whole house seemed to slant. So if you wanted to go to the back of the house, it was work. and then if you wanted to go to the kitchen, you seemed to pick up momentum as you walked. Of course I wasn't sure if this was my own intrisic motivation just because I knew there was food in the kitchen or if it was actually due to the slant... but thats beside the point.

But probably one of the most memorable times at my family reunion was when I GOT TO GO SURFING! yeah!! well, I'll let you know now that the Oregon coast doesn't exactly produce the biggest and longest waves, but I managed to stand up a few times just before I had to hop off the board. It was good fun, and yes, I went through the laundry a couple times as well. Man salt water burns when you drink it!

Well thats about it for now. Just thought I'd share a tid-bit of my life. oh yeah, and to brag... um, I got to have dessert with our intern; the lovely Emily CHRISTENSEN. thats right, bring it on East coast and midwest, we've got a party of 2 happenin on the West Side!! okay, I think thats it. lata.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dunkleburger said...

party of 1 happenin right here in my living room! take that...

٦:١٦ ص  

إرسال تعليق

<< Home