السبت، يوليو ٢٣، ٢٠٠٥

Hello my dear ones. I am packing for my family reunion in Florida next week I leave tommorow at 4:45 am sharp (Egyptian time). And the question floats to the surface of my mind. Why would a bunch of Egyptians choose to meet in Florida when the Middle East is so much more interesting? I hear Beirut is beautiful this time of year. The other day I read a paragraph about Cairo in my geography book (for the class I'm taking) and was honestly near tears. The book also said that there are 10 million living in Cairo--last I heard the count was between 14 and 20 million, so then I laughed. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing the family, especially my sweet grandparents, who I miss a lot more than I expected. My parents are already speaking in about 50% Arabic--we'll see how much I remember. I want to make Nahid proud.

Speaking of missing people. I feel lonely for MESP.

Okay here's the point of this post. I just heard that 7 bombs went off in Cairo today. Not sure if its true or not. As I just said, I'm leaving town tomorow so I was wondering, if anyone makes contact with Dave, Diaa, and Carol could you please post? I'm sure they're fine, but I have an active imagination.

Love you guys and hopefully I'll see a few of you sometime in August.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dunkleburger said...

As i'm sure you all know, the blast was in Sharm...I am grieving for the country and its people as this will most likely be more devistation to a country in great need.

٨:٣٣ م  

إرسال تعليق

<< Home