الاثنين، مايو ٠٩، ٢٠٠٥

Why do all good things have to come to an end?

Ilhamdulillah I finally figured this blog out - I've never done this before (I actually hadn't really heard much about blogs before Marcia Ghali) so I'm hoping it all works.

Well, this is one last message from Cairo from me (I'm sure you'll get a few more from those other MESPers who are still in this area of the world right now). Andrew K and I got back to Cairo yesterday after riding a very hot bus from Taba with crazy movies blaring the whole way (but it was great to be back in Egypt, so I didn't mind too much). Israel was amazing - but I can't believe I'm leaving the Middle East in only a few short hours. Agouza's kind of lonely without all of you (some people seem to think we're the new bunch of MESPers - we're getting more "Welcome to Egypt" in Agouza than usual) - Emily, it was strange to look out our flat window and not see the light on in yours. Things are still like they were when we left except Women's flat 5 has an ant infestation and I hear Flat 2 has had some cockroaches (Lindsay was showing me how she freaked out when she saw them). Steve's been learning lots at Anwar's, and we went for Kosheri with some AUC students today (one from Gordon). Tonight we're going to go to "Margaret and Evan's" church with Steve - one last experience.

Before I go, I have to clear one little story up that was told by the male half of Team Israel/the Israel Crew/whatever it was we were called: Marcia did NOT get lost in Jerusalem!!! (I have to stick up for the girls here). She thought we left without her (even though Monica said she'd never do that) so she just took a taxi back to the hostel. Yeah, I have to admit that when Monica and I were walking around the huge gardens of the museum yelling her name I started to imagine some pretty psycho things, but I still knew deep inside that Marcia and her Egyptian self would be fine (I think it was Barrett who came up with the idea that maybe someone had thought she was Palestinian and had kidnapped her - nothing like crazy ideas like that when you're in a strange city and your friend is missing :).

Anyways, I think Andrew K and Steve and I are leaving this library soon (we barely got into AUC because our cards are expired but after examining our cards for awhile the guards looked at Steve's and said, "Oh, it says June" - when actually it says April 26 - and let us through) :) Nothing like Egypt . . . (for example, right now there are a lot of people yelling and cheering outside the library doors - I think I'll go check it out)

Goodbye from the land of Borios and soldiers and laughter and crazy stories . . .

Praying for (as Margaret and Marcia say) "P in the ME" (and missing all of you)

-Dena

1 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

Dena, habibi! I vote that you people who went to Israel can honorarily be called the JCrew, since the real JCrew does not need the name anymore. I'm excited for you and Andrew K. to come home. It'll be good to talk to people who know what I'm talking about again. :)

٦:١٩ ص  

إرسال تعليق

<< Home