الثلاثاء، مايو ٠٣، ٢٠٠٥

Wedding Mania

Hi guys,
Sorry it has taken me so long to write something. Like Clinton I forgot my screen name and have been in wedding details up to my ears. There have been various wedding crises but I am trying to keep unstressed about it as possible. It has been hard not to have a place really to call my own and be living out of suitcases and boxes. I am staying with one of my bridesmaid's parents, my mom and sisters are staying at my aunts house 45 minutes away and Brad is about 15 minutes away in our new flat with most of my stuff....still in boxes :-) I have been driving alot, which has been weird and I don't like it very much after being away from being the driver for so long.
The past week has been a whirlwind. I am still experiencing some culture shock....especially in malls and roads. When I go outside my lungs don't quite know how to handle the sweet clean air in Oregon and drinking tap water freaks me out still (but amazingly I still haven't gotten sick, I have even EATEN SALAD :-).
Brad graduated from George Fox last weekend, it was a beautiful ceremony and I got to hang out with my future parents in law. Brad's sister never showed up to graduation, which really hurt Brad. Please pray that she still will come to the wedding. Brad's parents also helped us move Brad into our new flat. It is so cute and I will send you guys pictures once it is actually unpacked. It is really strange to see all my stuff intermixed with Brad's stuff. We can't wait to be married and we are so glad we decided to do it in June and not wait any longer. Being back with him has been wonderful, as if I never left.
I miss you guys a lot and still find myself counting as I leave a place just to realize that you guys aren't here. It was weird to walk along the streets in Newberg and NOT be able to recognize all of the white people....because in Agouza I know them all! I can't wait to see some of you at the wedding. I have a job interview with Northwest Medical Teams, for their international teams coordinator on the 5th of May, I could use your prayers.
love you all,
Emily