الثلاثاء، مايو ٠١، ٢٠٠٧

Cairo??


It has been a whirlwind the last couple days and I keep forgetting who I have emailed and who I haven't. I wanted to let you know that I was offered a teaching fellowship at AUC, which I have accepted (because I only had a couple days to do so). It was a really competitive program but I got in and school would be FREE!
However the major draw back is that Brad doesn't have a job in Cairo. Over the last four days or so we have been sending his resume all over to people and schools. There are some part time jobs that he may be able to do (teaching at AUC in their continuing education program or an English Training center). The part time jobs would generate some income but probably not enough to cover our expenses (mainly Brad's school debt). The opportunity for me to study in Cairo would be great though and a much better fit than PSU.
I should be hearing about assistant ships and fellowships at Portland State this week.
Please pray for us as we try and discern God's will for our life. It we are supposed to be in Cairo next year some kind of teaching job for Brad that would earn us enough money to pay his loans and a little bit of rent. We don't want to choose an option just because it is safe, but want to be able to step out in faith that God will take care of us. We want our lives to be characterized by great faith in a God who yearns for us to trust him fully.
love Emily and Brad
p.s I thought you would all like to see a picture of spring in Oregon, something I would miss if we moved to Cairo. Who is coming for Lindsay's wedding? I will be there for sure :-)