الخميس، أغسطس ٢٤، ٢٠٠٦

Advice for the Rookies

As you can see from Jenna's post below, things are great in Cairo (but we do wish the rest of you would come on over). Someday I will post something containing more details, but for now I want some help from all you girls. I thought that just for fun, I would maybe give the students - particularly the girls - (who are coming on Wednesday) a little handout (because they won't already be getting enough) with some one-liners about Egyptian men. So, if any of you women read this, then answer these questions in 2 lines or less:

1. The most important thing I learned about dealing with Egyptian men is:

2. The best (funniest, strangest, etc.) pick-up line I ever heard from an Egyptian man was:

If this works, great; if it doesn't, then mafiish mish kela.

Right now Diaa is walking around the office, talking about how hot it is, and trying to shut doors to keep the cold air from leaving the room. It's making me laugh, as did the conversation we had earlier about baby names (Diaa said he doesn't care, except that he doesn't want the name to be too foreign, and Carol likes all these french names). If anyone has any suggestions (serious or otherwise), I'll pass them on (the baby is going to be a girl) :)

Hope you're well - being here makes Jenna and I miss you all more . . .

4 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

1. Ignore all of them under 30, unless you know them or are buying vegetables from them. :)

2. "I give you 500 camels for her." This was the 'guide' at the pyramids, talking to Paul about me. Go figure he accepted, and acted like he was willing to negotiate. So probably avoid all men under 30, Egyptian or not. ;)

Just kidding..... love you Paul.

٢:٠٥ ص  
Blogger Dunkleburger said...

will everyone still be there in january? good...
how about the baby name Andrew :)

٥:٣٢ ص  
Blogger Marcia M. Ghali said...

does "I want to do the sex" count as a pick-up line?

٤:٥٦ م  
Blogger Margaret said...

"I am Egyptian Man!" (Say repeatedly in a deep voice while walking behind a group of beautiful American girls.)

٦:٥٠ ص  

إرسال تعليق

<< Home