الأربعاء، يونيو ٠٨، ٢٠٠٥

Tractors and Sunsets :)

Once again, i must admit that i really do not have much to write about...well, "much" is relative i guess :)
I was so excited and inspired while reading Margaret's thunderstorm post that i decided to write about my evening.
The weather was hot and humid in Iowa (well, my part at least) today, but it was beautiful. Two days in a row now without a thunderstorm. To get you into the context: I am currently taking a 7 day, 7 hour/day, 3 credit:) western civilization class (required to graduate) at a community college. Today was my second day and we learned a bit about Islam. All i can say is "wow." It was very general and vague, but i did not want to begin correcting the teacher. After this class i work for a while. Today i had to cut hay-a job i love. I get to sit on a tractor under the sun and mow 40 or more acres of alfalfa. The smell is an indescribable bliss (can bliss be a noun?). After cutting hay, i took another tractor for a half hour drive (8 miles) to chop hay (just act like you know what i'm talking about :) for a neighbor.
While in the field this evening the sun was setting over a gorgeous thunderhead forming in the west. Due to lack of words in my head to describe it...it was amazing. It's times like these when God seems the most real. It seems like He and I have some of our best times together in the field. That's about all there is to my amazingly intense story for this evening. It is now 11 pm; i'm still very, very dirty, i just ate SUPPER, and i can't wait to get up and chop hay again tomorrow (but i don't know if i'll be saying that when my alarm goes off).
I apologize for any harm reading these randomly-reported, mundane events of my evening may have caused :)
THE END