الخميس، يونيو ٠٢، ٢٠٠٥

The signs are all unclear

So it's 11:42 pm Michigan time, and I think it's truly hit me for the first time.......

I'm not in Egypt anymore.

I mean of course the physical part of not being in Cairo has been very apparent to me for some time now. But coming to the reality that I'm not steps away from my veggie guy, 24 absolutly amazing and beautiful people of faith, and a life that was anything but ordinary, has been slow in coming.

And I wonder, how have I changed? How am I different now?

I look at people now that I have known my entire life a bit differently now. Because I realize that this experience did change me, and no one can understand what it has been like if they have not gone through it as well. And why I believe what I believe. Americanism is everywhere.... its so apparent to me now, so much clearer than before, how consumed in it (consumerism, God= moral and not C, M, or J, etc) people are.

Sorry. I know I'm being nebulous.

And you all! I miss you so terribly much. I feel very stranded in my northwest corner of the midwest. I'm so happy that some of you have been able to meet up- it makes my heart smile.

I pray that the Lord might bring some people of True Faith into my life- most of my friends here are the furthest from that. I feel very lonely in this aspect right now. And I pray that I might be stronger Salt and brighter Light.

I have a billion things running through my mind, and I dont know how to explain them (and I'm sure y'all dont really want to listen to them all!).

Thanks for listening.

err, reading.

:)

Love,
Lizzy

1 Comments:

Blogger Marcia M. Ghali said...

Lizzy:

Hi, roommate. I've been meaning to email you. My sister has a wedding to attend in Grand Rapids on the weekend of August 13th. Do you think we could do lunch? Gosh, I love you. Let's talk soon.

MMG

١١:٥٦ م  

إرسال تعليق

<< Home