الثلاثاء، مايو ٣١، ٢٠٠٥

Single for four more days

Well it is almost midnight here in Oregon and of course I can't sleep, a combination of wedding jitters and late nights. My family and are staying with an older couple that own this HUGE mansion....probably could feel half of cairo for a month. We are blessed to be living here and they have been really generous....but consumer America has hit me across the face and Im having a hard time knowing how to react. Wealth is easy to enjoy, but is it right?
Wedding plans are going well, it should be a beautiful day with many of our family and friends. I am sad that you mespers won't be there and the hafla will be less fun without you guys but it will go on! I miss you guys a lot.
I guess the reality hit me that I am getting married. It really hit me at my bridal shower this past weekend when the guests left and told me, "oh Emily well this time next week you will be a married woman." I had just recieved a million kitchen things that I am not really sure what they all do, and was surrounded by all these married people...and lets just say that the weight of responsibility fell on my shoulders all of a sudden. Oh don't worry I am not getting cold feet, but the reality that Emily Condie is becoming Emily Christensen in a short four days....is hard to believe. I don't really feel that different inside, yet everyone calls me bride and bussles around in a flurry of activities. Kind of like some magical will happen on June fourth and I will be transformed into a WIFE. Kind of like on your birthday and people say well how does it feel to be a year older and you look at them dumb-founded and say, "well feels the same way as five minutes ago." They look at you disapointed and walk away.
The wedding day will feel sureal I think.....but being married to Brad sounds sweet to me. We are ready to stop saying goodnight and leaving each others houses and are ready to begin this adventure of marriage. I feel like I have been back from Cairo for a million years and yet some days I feel like I am going back in August to start another semester. Finding a job has been a bit depressing, because I think I had some unrealistic ideas that I would get off the plane in OR and employers of great places would be offering me jobs :-) I have a hard time taking rejection from places and will start for real job searching when I get back from the honeymoon. I am actually going on a vacation by myself WITH A BOY....and I am not having to hide it from my parents! It is so weird that after a one hour ceremony everything that was NOT OK becomes ok :-)
Ok I am starting to ramble. Thanks for all the good memories MESPers, I think about you guys often, probably more than you think.
I will write when I get back from my honeymoon. love you all!

1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Way to go! Wow.... only 4 days. That is so amazing. I have like 4,815 or so to go myself. :) I'm sorry I cant make it to your wedding..... I'm sure that it will be beautiful and put a smile on God's face!

٦:٥٨ ص  

إرسال تعليق

<< Home