الثلاثاء، يونيو ٢٨، ٢٠٠٥

Sioux Center Bliss

Andrew U. inspired me, and so at this moment I have Mohamed Fouad singing love songs to me in, yes, that's right, Arabic. My goal to convert my American, Emo loving friends to the glories of Arabic pop music is as of yet unsuccessful. Not quite sure why. . . . It brings back pleasant memories for me of smokey internet cafes full of little boys playing computer games and reading my email over my shoulder. Who wouldn't love it?

Well folks, this Friday I turn 22. It's kind of a strange feeling birthday, I think. I mean, it's sort of like the first year I'm getting old. Not that I feel old, it's just that there aren't any exciting mile stones ahead anymore. Soon I'll be in my mid twenties, and then thirties, and there's no more smoking at 18 and drinking at 21 to look forward to. (Smoker and drinker that I am. :)) Anyway, I figured that 22 is as good a year as any to have a birthday party, right? So I was wondering if any of you MESPers would be up for a drive to little ole Sioux Center. Andrew K. reminded me today that Friday is Cruise Night. Now, this is not the normal Sunday night cruise night, but the town sponsored Cruise Night when all the people with cool old cars shine them up and show them off. It's part of the Sioux Center Summer Celebration days, I think. We have it every summer--there's a picnic in the park, a parade, the cruise night, and a bunch of other special stuff. And, also, this weekend is Dordt's Jubilee celebration. Dordt is 50 years old, and we're having a party. There'll be plays and concerts and stuff to go to. So who's coming?

Congratulations Corrine!

4 Comments:

Blogger Dunkleburger said...

Ya'll have to come!
Marjerat forgot to mention big fireworks (and the little kind for those who wish), a good old "small town parade" for those of you who have no idea what i'm talking about (they throw out candy and such)
and i'll even throw in a tractor ride for those who need the extra incentive to come :)

٦:٢٦ ص  
Blogger Marcia M. Ghali said...

I'll do my best...

٦:٤٨ ص  
Blogger Chels said...

oh wow. I have not checked the blog in a bit and already there is much to comment on. Margaret, all I can say about turning 22 is: not to worry, for there is still one impending milestone, that of your 25th birthday upon which you are eligible for the grand feat of renting a car in these United States of ours.

٥:٠٥ م  
Blogger andrew j. ulasich said...

I really want to come, my Iowan friends. I'll talk to the other Minneapolis peeps and see if they're interested. But I just might have to make the trek down there. I'll let you know more soon.

٤:٥٥ ص  

إرسال تعليق

<< Home