الاثنين، يونيو ٢٧، ٢٠٠٥

I can be your hero baby

I'm sitting at my computer listening to this great personal radio station through yahoo and on comes the song Hero. I do love Enrique. The last time I heard this song (you probably are thinking that I'm about to say something like " I was somewhere with Bonnie" or something like that - or at least picturing me being in the states, but oh no) I was sitting in an internet cafe in the old city of Damascus. I was at this cafe multiple times, but I believe it was the time I was with some lovely American ladies (Barrett may have been there too) and I got ahold of Bonnie just moments before we had to leave. You see, that night we went to a fabulous show of musicians. I begged Emily to let me skip the musicians and stay and talk with Bonnie, but she, with pain in her eyes, wouldn't allow it. After going to the show I realized this: I would have gladly skipped it. Well, I really don't have anything else to say about that story. The song just made me think of it. Thanks Enrique.

I looked through my pictures again last night and realized - I really miss all of you a lot. I wish we could be transported back to MESP somehow, but alas, it won't happen. A smile always comes to my face when I look at the pictures. I hope you're all doing well. Til next time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dunkleburger said...

I understand your nostalgia...a few nights ago I took a trip to the city (sioux falls) with a friend and we hung out in Barnes and Noble. They had a book on Egypt; it was one of those huge, hard cover, picture books and i was nearly brought to tears as a recognized many of the pictures and thought of our group. I guess what i'm trying to say (sniff...sniff) is.......I love you guys :)
who's up for a quick trip to Egypt if we find cheap tickets????:)

٦:٢٢ ص  
Blogger Margaret said...

ana, ana!

١١:٤٤ م  
Blogger bethany said...

ana kaman!

٤:٠٦ ص  

إرسال تعليق

<< Home