الثلاثاء، يونيو ٢١، ٢٠٠٥

buckets of sweat

At least three this afternoon, I think. It suddenly got hot like I remember Iowa summers--coincidentally coinciding with the day we finished cleaning all the air-conditioned buildings, and moved to the ugliest, dirtiest, smelliest, and decidedly hottest apartments on campus called East Campus. The best part is that there is no air conditioning, making the buildings resemble greenhouses quite effectively. I'm on my second nalgene since lunch.

My sister, Sarah, came home last week. It's been lovely to have her back--she was traveling around Europe. I was a little apprehensive about her coming home because I can tell that I've developed habits in the past five weeks that having another person in the house could interfere with. Such as never closing the bathroom door. No wonder people who live alone for most of their lives cling so tightly to their habits. Living alone for five weeks made me decide that living alone for an extended period of time is not for me.

Oh yeah, my contact information on that sheet you guys have is for my parents house. I have a sneaky suspicion that they might be sick of giving people my new phone number, so I'll give it to you all now in case you might happen to want to call me: (712) 722-4791. My address is: 526 S. Main Ave. Sioux Center, IA 51250

Are there any Macy Gray fans out there?
Mumkin another MESP reunion in Sioux Center next weekend? eh, eh, you know you want to! My sister and I have an extra bed and a couch.

In a few minutes I must go tutor this incredibly cool woman named Rafaela. She's from Mexico, and she works in one of the packing plants around here. She's starting to earn more responsibility at her job, so she needs to learn English. She's the most motivated student I've ever had. I like to go to her house because the neighborhood reminds me of the streets of Cairo a little bit. There are always kids playing in the streets and people sitting outside at night. The rest of Sioux Center seems plain and boring by comparison--the people ride around in their cars, and you hardly ever see anyone outside. Gosh, I miss Cairo.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dunkleburger said...

as far as that reunion you spoke of...am i invited? cause i've heard nothing of the sort:)
however, if you're seruios i have beds and couches open also

٤:١٢ ص  
Blogger Margaret said...

of course you're invited. so far it's just you and me, I think. unless other people are planning to come . . . .

٦:١٦ ص  

إرسال تعليق

<< Home