الثلاثاء، نوفمبر ٢٨، ٢٠٠٦

So, I haven't really updated my MESP pals of what I decided to do after college. For now, I am choosing the succinct way out. The first link is the program's home page, the second one has a little bio about me and each of my housemates. There is a group picture or two of me on the site.

http://www.rdoac.org/americorps/

http://www.rdoac.org/americorps/member/profiles.php

For those of you not inclined to click on links or copy/paste them, or who just like to hear things first hand, the summary is that I am doing AmeriCorps, sort of a domestic version of the PeaceCorps. I am on Cape Cod, about an hour from where my family lives.

It is sweet. The program I am doing affords me tons of variety in my week. I am gaining tons of useful skills and I love living on the Cape Cod National Seashore with a community of fellow Corps members.
I have had a bunch of "firsts" since graduating college: I purchased my first car, drove a hybrid for the first time, donned neoprine waders to go shellfishing for the first time, ate my first oyster and clam, felled my first tree with a chainsaw, and got my first internship with real responsibility--with the National Park Service.

Things with AmeriCorps are interesting, ever changing, fulfilling, and purposeful. I continue to work retail on weekends in order to pay the bills, which pretty much eats away at my soul and I hate every second, but the rest of the week is so good that it mitigates the damage.

that's all I have time to explain now, but I realized that I hadn't told most or any of you what I was doing since I began in September, so I wanted to share. I'll be with AmeriCorps til July 2007, after that who knows! I have a billion and a half ideas, so we'll see what wins out.

loving you all,
chels

3 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

Selshee, way to work the environment! You inspire me, its true. I was starting to wonder if you had gone gallavanting off with the lost boys of oxford for awhile, so thanks for the update.

٦:٢٤ ص  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Beautiful beautiful beautiful. Rock on Shushu. To see (well, read) how happy and excited you are makes me really, really happy (I know one too many people who are absolutly miserable). Much love.

١:٣٠ ص  
Blogger Heather Joy said...

I miss you Chelsea. I was thinking about calling you the day after Thanksgiving, but things just kept being busy. Do you have any number besides your home one? When is a good time to reach you?

٣:٥٣ ص  

إرسال تعليق

<< Home