الجمعة، أكتوبر ١٣، ٢٠٠٦

pictures, jobs... stuff


I've been woefully neglectful about posting a whole bunch of things on the blog, though I have kept up on all the things other people have posted. First of all, as many of you have probably already seen, wedding pictures are up online. www.pictage.com search for Micklewright - there's definitely only 1. Also, in other news of pictures, about a month ago, Chris and I became the proud new owners of a beautiful photograh by David Sacks as part of a fundraiser for Arab World Ministries. We received a postcard in the mail for the event which we had attended last year. The previous year's assignment had been in Morocco. I couldn't believe it when I read that this year's photos were all taken in Cities of the Dead and Garbage City. So Chris and I took our remaining wedding money and bid on "Grace" which you can see posted below. The big glowing spot isn't really in the picture - it's because I had to take the picture using a flash. But the rest of is just like what's hanging on our wall. Also, if you want to see a few more pictures from the assignment, go to http://www.davidsacks.com/a-personal.htm

Chris started grad school in September at Villanova. He enjoys studying, but the school's program doesn't fit his interests as well as hoped. He has one great teacher but in the area of math he's least interested in. It looks like he will be designing a lot of his courses himself and completing them as independant studies. Great for resume experience, but frustrating for a grad program that he hopes will take him on to a doctorate. I've been taking Fridays off from my day care job to search for a job that will apply something more of my passions for social justice and international anything, but no luck so far. Development work is so hard to break into. I like my day care job well enough... or at least my kids... but I wish I could be doing something career oriented instead of just making the ends meet. If anyone hears about a great organization in the Philly area, send it along. I might start volunteering soon because at least that will give me a start on experience.
We love our little apartment. Andrew, it's 119A Pennsylvania Ave. Wayne, PA 19087 - now you know how to get here when you take your crazy trip. ;-)
I think I'm starting to ramble so I won't keep dragging on. One last thing. I've changed my email address to be "more professional". heatherjoy.micklewright at gmail.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Dunkleburger said...

thanks, i'll write it down

٤:٥٧ ص  

إرسال تعليق

<< Home