الجمعة، مايو ٢٠، ٢٠٠٥

Goodbye Egypt

I suppose this post is long in coming. I apologize for my delinquency. I've enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts. So thanks to for that.

I spent my last night in Egypt in Agouza after putting Claire in a taxi at 2:30 am. There were a couple roach sighting--I was going to sleep in Margaret's bed but the pests have managed to penetrate to that room as well. One of our special friends also made a guest appearance in my suitcase. Sick. It was strange to be alone in the flat. I'm not sure that I understand that I am back in America. Everything feel familiar and yet novel at the same time. Saying goodbye to Barrett at JFK had such a sense of finality. Like the final breaking of the fellowship.

This morning I went out to get milk before breakfast so that I could enjoy a bowl of Luck Charms. As I pulled out of my driveway at tractor drove by and I knew I was home. Secondly, I turned on the radio to my favorite country station and the song that was playing was that one about how the artist "likes his women a little on the trashy side."

Tomorrow I'm going to Indiana for the weekend to see my friends before they spread across the country for the summer. Not much else to report. I'm feeling sleepy. I'm out. I love you each.

Peace in the Middle East.

P.S. Margaret--there's a spell check on the tool bar where you compose your blog. Welcome to the age of technology, no one can spell.

1 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

Yeah, but whenever I try to use it, it doesn't work. Technology is not my strong suit.

١١:٤١ م  

إرسال تعليق

<< Home