الخميس، مايو ١٩، ٢٠٠٥

You Guys Goin' to Spectra?

Hey team. I'd like to thank Andrew K (Drewburger) for paving the way to posting boring, mundane things. As many of you know from my recent posts or emails, I don't really have anything to do around here except sit around and wait for emails or blog posts from my beloved MESPers (i.e. feel free to email me). Hopefully my schedule will pick up soon. Until then, I will post the mundane, or the small happenings in my day.

I don't remember how it came up, but as I was baking cookies with my mom (I'm so domestic) I started thinking of our friend from church. Some of you will remember our large-biceped, small-headed, Canadian friend from Maadi Community Church who we would regularly see at Spectra. I think my favorite memory of him was when we saw him across the street after church and he yelled to us in a very effeminate voice, "You guys going to Spectra?" We yelled back "yep" as we watched his short shirt lift up to reveal his rippling six-pack. To this our friend yelled back, "Ditto!" We turned and continued walking, with astonishment on our faces, wondering about this unique man who, multiple times, held awkward conversations with us while we devoured Brownies on Ice. And today he makes me smile. I hope the memory of him makes you smile too... Almost as much as our Japanese friend in Turkey. Man, some people are just so funny, it's beautiful.